Find the Right Employees for Your Business
Our YMCA Employer services are at the heart of the business community in Peterborough and Peterborough County.
We help local businesses hire the right candidate for the job.
- Match qualified candidates to your job openings
- Help create job ads and post them on our on-site or online job board
- Collect resumes and pre-screen candidates
- In some cases, provide a wage subsidy
- Develop a training plan that works for you and the employee
Wage subsidies are designed to support employers who help unemployed workers enter or re-enter the workforce and maintain employment. Employers may receive financial support for on-the-job training, apprenticeships, and work experience opportunities.
Wage Subsidy Eligibility
To be eligible for a wage subsidy, an employer must:
- be licensed to operate in Ontario;
- provide employment in Ontario;
- demonstrate the ability to provide the trainee with adequate supervision and the training described in the training plan;
- place trainees on the company’s payroll and provide the same employment terms, conditions and benefits as regular employees;
- comply with all applicable legislation, including federal/provincial human rights legislation, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Employment Standards Act, and freedom of information and protection of privacy legislation;
- maintain appropriate WSIB or private workplace insurance coverage and have adequate third party general liability insurance;
An Employer Liaison can help you identify opportunities suitable for a wage subsidy.
Book an appointment with YMCA Employment Services:
Please fill out your contact information below, and an Employer Liaison will gladly follow up with you!
Please contact us: