Code of Behaviour for Members & Visitors
The YMCA is a shared experience for everyone to enjoy. Each of us can support this by being considerate of others. Membership is enhanced when all members share in promoting agreed standards of courtesy and behaviour. Intent of this policy:
- to treat everyone fairly and with respect
- to provide safe, clean and comfortable surroundings
- to create policies and systems that serve members and visitors
Behaviour such as the following will not be tolerated within the facility, on the property, or at any YMCA of Central East Ontario location:
- Any delinquent or disruptive behavior; such as theft;
- The use, possession or unauthorized sale of alcohol, or the use, possession or sale of illicit drugs;
- The possession or use of weapons or items intended to be used as weapons;
- Any physical assault, threats of assault or use of intimidation;
- Any sexual, cultural and/or racial abuse, slurs and/or harassment;
- Any action or language that is disrespectful, profane or offensive to another’s comfort or well-being;
- Any abuse of the facility and/or the equipment;
- Fraud, which includes misuse of membership cards and/or facilities; and
- The unauthorized use of camera’s or cell phones in the YMCA.
Scent Friendly Environment – We All Share the Air
The YMCA OF Central East Ontario strives to be a Scent Friendly Environment. In consideration for people with respiratory conditions and serious allergies we ask all members and guests to refrain from using aerosol, colognes, perfumes or scented products in the YMCA.
Staff are sensitive to unique circumstances that may affect members’ behaviour. The YMCA facilities are not to be used to conduct a business. At all times, children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian (16 years of age or older) when not participating in program activities.
If unable to pick up your child(ren) on time, other arrangements must be made. Continued or repetitive failure to comply with the above guidelines will result in the cancellation of the child or children’s membership.
Failure to comply with the Code of Behaviour will result in cancellation of membership and/or removal from the building, property or event. People whose memberships have been revoked may appeal in writing to the Regional General Manager or General Manager.